Saturday 7 January 2012

2011... Where to from there?...

2011 was a year that simply can't be wrapped up with the introduction'in a nutshell'.. It just wasn't that type of year, and I can happily say now that I am actually very grateful for that.

My two little girls energised me in 2011, with their giggles, smiles, cheekiness, and their incredible personalities. They are the reason I get up in the morning - literally :). And they are what energises me to be a better person and push myself to be more confident.

My happiness was also wrapped up in my little family, my husband and my two little girls. But also, the ways in which I felt I became more established in our reasonably new community, finally I was beginning to feel settled and build friendships, this made me very happy!

Feelings of peace, I must admit, are coming and going, but one part of my life that I have so seeked peace and spent alot of time praying for it, was in my daughter being settled at pre-school, and confident in her ability to build friendships, and to feel a sense of belonging there. I did start to find peace in this part of my life in term 4 , I hope that Term 1 2012 brings more of this!

The positive people that lifted me up were wonderful interstate friends and local family at the start of 2011, but I can happily say that I have some lovely new friendships blossoming, beautiful people that have truly lifted my spirits throughout last year.

My husband and I reevaluated our work hours and priorities and reminded ourselves of the importance of family time, as well as couple time! We are still working in this but progress has at least begun!

I learnt that I can stand my ground without losing love, but actually gaining respect instead :)

I am grateful for God's grace, for my beautiful family and for my very flexible job that allows me to work around my kids.

I am excited and motivated for the challenges and changes that are ahead for me and my loved ones in 2012. Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment